This recipe hits all the right notes! Savory, hearty, and of course warming for fall!
Now, truth be told, I am a die hard chili fan. ANY KIND, I will try it! So when I made this for the first time [back in 2015] I knew I had to make it a forever recipe. Plus, these are SUCH easy ingredients to find, and keep on hand all through the colder months, because they’re extremely versatile for other stews and chili recipes as well! Always a bonus to pick up some staples in bulk!
OH and a helpful tip for making this great chili is take the turkey sausage out of the freezer the night before so it is super easy to remove it from the casings! Otherwise, that can be a bit of a troublesome task!
- 1 Package Hot Turkey Sausage [or mild if preferred]
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes With Chiles
- 24 oz Tomato Sauce
- Chili Powder [4tbsp]
- One Green pepper
- One Yellow Onion
- 1 Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 3 tbsp Cumin
- Garlic powder [two dashes]
- 1 package corn
- Remove sausage from links
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cook in Slow Cooker 8-9 hours on low.